The International Program on Communication Production (IPCP) in the College of Communication of Design, and the Entertainment Management in the International College at the I-Shou University in Taiwan, ROC, invite applicants for multiple open rank, full-time, faculty positions.
Two vacancies in TV/video/commercial film-related field, Digital cinematography and new media for entertainment; and/or Scriptwriting, story development and storytelling for filming; and/or Film/TV marketing and operations management.
All positions begin August 1, 2019 or until filled
I-shou University is one of the most prominent private universities in Taiwan. Currently, it has 17,000 students in nine colleges, ranging from science and engineering to communication and design to medicine. The university, locates in Kaohsiung City, a second largest city in Taiwan, and a harbor city sunny all year round, offers rich cultural and industrial experiences to both visitors and residents.
Visit I-shou University website: www.isu.edu.tw/en1/index.htm
For the position in The International Program on Communication Production (IPCP) in the College of Communication of Design, prospective candidates with a Master of Fine Arts, and/or a Doctoral degree in related field, with teaching experience and evidence of continuing related accomplishment are required.
Prospective candidates should demonstrate strong professional credentials with a firm commitment to quality undergraduate education.
Prospective candidates need to demonstrate the ability of teaching in the full-English taught environment.
The faculty positions in the International Program on Communication Production:
- Televisual/Video production; an emphasis on Global Digital and/or televisual/video. Media practices are particularly welcome.
- Communication content design
- Narrative, interaction and application (digital/ social media)
- Digital cinematography and new media
Please send application materials, listed as bellowed, by email to Dr. Shih-jaey Tseng, Chairperson of International Program on Communication Production New Faculty Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter: indicate the intention and rank of position you apply for
- A research/teaching statement (teaching philosophy)
- Complete curriculum vitae, including a publication and/or exhibition list. Prepare the CV in a chronicle style with the most recent experience first.
- Names and contact information for minimum of 2 references.
- Copy of MFA thesis or PhD dissertation abstract along with the approval page signed by the Committee
- Two sample syllabi of the courses you intend to offer with explanations about their originality and connection with the focus of the college.
- Other supporting documents, such as proof of Mandarin/English teaching, or certifications that might be a plus.
The appointments will begin in August 1, 2019 or until filled.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For full consideration, please apply by March 31, 2019.
For details of the faculty positions, please visit website: www.ipcp.isu.edu.tw
NOTE: Teaching responsibility is 9 credit-hours (3 courses) per semester. Successful candidates will be expected to teach fundamental and advanced courses at the undergraduate level in English. Compensation includes competitive salary, healthcare insurance, housing subsidy, and annual round-trip air tickets for home visiting, as well as other benefits. The healthcare insurance in Taiwan is one of the best in the world. All full-time faculty and immediate family members are eligible for the insurance.