back to Property Management Section
back to Q&A
FAQ about Property Management Section
The following services are available at the Property Management Section.
- Questions about dormitories for faculty members and staffers
- Questions about academic dress hiring
- Affairs related to inspection and acceptance
- Addition, donation, checkout, transferring, and scrapping of university-owned property
- Application for Supplies
A.Questions about dormitories for faculty members and staffers?
Q Do I have to apply for a parking permit before parking my car in the parking lot of the dormitory?
- Faculty members and staffers need to scan their faculty/staff ID badges to enter the parking lot of Dormitory 2. The staffer-in-charge of the Property Management Section will help you gain the right of access to the parking lot at the Safety Section.
Q Internet settings for dormitories for faculty members and staffers
- Taiwan Academic Network: Dormitories for singles, and Building K and Building F at Dormitory 2
- ADSL: Second Family Dormitory
Q What can I do to deal with email setting, dormitory IP setting, and dormitory network troubleshooting?
- Please contact Mr. Shang-Yuan Chen of the Office of Library & Information Services at 657-7711 (ext. 2757).
Q How do I apply for repair to utilities or interior decorations?
- Please file an application on the General Affairs System.
Q When can I take out the trash?
- Please take out your trash in accordance with the announcement released by the dormitory management office.
- Time for taking out the trash:
Location: The place in front of the dormitory management office of the Males’ Dormitory at Dormitory 1
Please recycle your trash before taking it out. For more information, please refer to the recycle announcement next to the dormitory management office.
- Monday ~ Friday: 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and 12: 45 noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:50 noon to 1:30 p.m.
Q Is it necessary for my family or friends to register at the dormitory management office when they visit me?
All visitors to Dormitory 2, regardless of the gender, should not enter the dormitory common room unless they are led by the resident they want to visit from the dormitory management office.
The dormitory superintendent is not allowed to open the door for visitors. All visitors are not allowed to stay overnight.
Q May I keep a pet in my dorm room?
For residents’ quality of life and quiet enjoyment of their dorm rooms, no pets are allowed in dormitories for faculty members and staffers.
Q What can I do if I forget to bring the room key with me?
You may borrow a spare key to your room at the dormitory management office by showing your faculty/staff ID badge.
Q What can I do if I want to change my registered residence to the dorm room I currently reside in?
Please complete and deliver the “Residence Certificate” and the “Application Form for Official Stamping” to the Property Management Section and the Documentation Section, and then visit the Dashu District Household Registration Office with the aforesaid certificate for further processing.
Q Is curfew applicable to faculty members who reside in Building F and Building K at Dormitory 2?
The curfew is not applicable to faculty members and staffers. You may enter the dormitory by scanning your faculty/staff ID badge.
B.Questions about academic dress hiring
Q May I hire an academic dress individually?
- The academic dress can only be hired individually if you are a) a graduand of a doctoral program or b) a graduand of a doctoral program, a master’s program or a bachelor’s program who is qualified for early graduation or has completed the check-out process.
Graduands of bachelor’s degree programs or master’s programs other than those mentioned above should hire an academic dress on a class basis with the help of class representatives.
How do I hire an academic dress?
- Please complete an application form and pay a laundry fee and a deposit at the Property Management Section. (Please keep the payment receipt well. You need to show the payment receipt in order to collect your deposit.)
- Class representatives should collect academic dresses at the Property Management Section by submitting an application form, the affidavits signed by students who want to hire an academic dress, and payment receipts.
Q Should I pay a laundry fee for hiring an academic dress? How much should I pay?
- The laundry fee is required when you hire an academic dress. The exact amount of the laundry fee will be announced later.
When can I return the academic dress?
- On the day of graduation ceremony: You may return the academic dress at the information desk on the 5th floor of the Student Activity Center at the Main Campus.
- After the day of graduation ceremony: You may return the academic dress at the Property Management Sections at the Main Campus or at the Medical Campus from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. ~ 4:30 p.m.
Q May I hire an academic dress for the graduation photoshoot in the first semester?
- The affairs related to academic dress hiring are handled by the Graduates’ Union. For more information, please refer to the announcement made by the Graduates’ Union.
Q Will I be fined if I forget to return my academic dress?
- Information System → For Graduating → Academic Dress Hiring Inquiry
Q Forgot to return to the degree suit, will you fined it?
- Those who fail to return the academic dress before the deadline will be imposed an overdue fine of NT$10 per working day (for those who refuse to pay the fine, their check-out process will be considered incomplete).
- The maximum fine amount should not exceed the market price of the academic dress they hire:
- NT$690 per dress for bachelor’s degree programs.
- NT$1,600 per dress for master’s programs.
- NT$5,000 per dress for doctoral programs.
Q As a class representative, I collected academic dresses for my classmates, but some of them who have applied for academic dress hiring didn’t collect their academic dresses. What should I do?
- Please return those academic dresses to the Property Management Section and correct the number of academic dresses you actually collected.
Q I have applied to and made payment to the class representative for academic dress hiring. However, instead of attending the graduation ceremony, I want to complete the check-out process earlier. What should I do?
- For those who have hired an academic dress, they are required to return the academic dress first (the pre-paid laundry fee will not be refunded) before they proceed to complete the check-out process.
Q What should I do if I got the wrong size of the academic dress?
- Please exchange your academic dress with another classmate. No tailoring is allowed.
- If you can’t find your size after the exchange, or you find that your academic dress is worn, please exchange your academic dress at the Property Management Section.
Q Can I return the academic dress individually?
- Yes. The academic dress is not necessarily returned on a class basis.
Q What should I do if I lost or caused damage to the academic dress?
- You should make compensation based on the market price and should not ask for a refund of the pre-paid laundry fee (for those who refuse to compensate, their check-out process will be considered incomplete).
- The market price is as follows:
- NT$690 per dress for bachelor’s degree programs (mortarboard: NT$260; gown: NT$430).
- NT$1,600 per dress for master’s programs (mortarboard: NT$260; hood: NT$910; gown: NT$430).
- NT$5,000 per dress for doctoral programs (mortarboard: NT$350; hood: NT$1,600; gown: NT$3,050).
C.Affairs related to inspection and acceptance
Q What columns should a person requesting procurement fill in when inspecting the item(s) purchased?
- He/she should fill in: Date of Inspection, Quantity, Location of Storage, Comment, and Signature of the Inspector.
Q What is a “Notification of Inspection”?
- A “Notification of Inspection” is a reminder that will be sent to a person requesting procurement when he/she fails to complete and submit the Inspection and Acceptance Sheet to the Property Management Section for registration within seven days of receiving the sheet.
- The notification will not be sent as long as the sheet has returned to the Property Management Section for registration.
- If the acceptance form is returned to the custodial group, the system will not send a notification again
- If the person requesting procurement has submitted the sheet to his/her superior and find that the sheet has not been delivered to the Property Management Section, the sheet may be handling by the superior.
- Some purchases are made with the grants awarded by the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Science and Technology, and inspection and acceptance is, therefore, one of the important factors that may affect the implementation of research project. A failed inspection requires many units for further processing; therefore, a notification will be sent to the person requesting procurement, the responsible purchasing staffer, and the staffer-in-charge of the Property Management Section.
Q What should I do if the inspection fails?
- Within seven days of receiving the sheet, please tick the box of “Failed” in the column of “Comment,” specify the reason, deliver the sheet to your superior for signature, and submit the sheet to the Property Management Section for further processing.
D.Addition, donation, checkout, transferring, and scrapping of university-owned property
Q What’s the legal basis for property classification numbers and years of storage?
- The legal basis is the Standards of Classification for Properties released by the Directorate-General of Budget, Accounting and Statistics of Executive Yuan.
Q What should I do if I receive any property donated by organizations from outside the University?
- Please provide the Property Management Section with supporting documents for registration. And then, please complete and submit the Registration Form of Newly Purchased Property to the Property Management Section after the form has been signed by heads of different level. Please keep the third copy of the form and attach the property label to the property.
Q What does “property handover” means?
- Property handover means that when a staffer resigns from the job or transfers to another post, the property in his/her charge should be handed over to his/her successor.
Q What is “Property Checkout Form?”
- Faculty and staff members should complete and submit the Property Checkout Form when they need to check out any property or item owned by the University for official reasons.
- The Property Checkout Form, made in quadruplicate, should be signed by the head of the applying unit and stamped by the Property Management Section. The form should be given intactly to the security guard at the gate when the applicant leaves the campus.
- The applying unit should be responsible for tracking the checked-out item(s) and check and sign when the item is returned as confirmation.
Q Is it necessary for contractors for repair to fill out an application form when they check out any equipment or facilities?
- Pursuant to the Regulations for Management of Personnel & Goods Entering & Leaving I-Shou University, contractors should fill out the following forms when checking out equipment or facilities:
- 1.Temporary Entry Permission:
- A contractor should complete an application for temporary entry permission if it cannot deliver all equipment or facilities at a time or it needs to carry its equipment or facilities.
- 2.Equipment Check-out Permission:
- A contractor should complete an application for checking out equipment if it needs to check out samples they brought in, equipment to be repaired, returned equipment or equipment needed to be checked out for official reasons.
Q How do I transfer the property under my charge before I resign the job or transfer to another post?
- Please contact the Property Management Section via phone or email to print out the Property Transfer Form (used only for transferring to another post) or the Property Handover Form (used only for resignation).
Q How do I make an inquiry and print out the list of property under my charge? Can I save the list as an Excel file?
- Log in to the General Affairs System → Property Management System → Property Inventory →click “Submit” → the list of property under your charge will be shown → click “Print”
- You may also key in the serial number or the name (keyword) of the property to make an inquiry.
- For those who have installed Adobe PDF on their computers, you may save the file as a PDF file when you choose a printer to print.
- If you want to save the list as an Excel file, please right-click on the sheet → select all → right-click → copy → open a new Excel file → right-click → paste.
Q What should I do if I need to check out any equipment or facilities for a research project or an industry-university collaboration project?
Log in to the General Affairs System → Property Management System → Property Checkout Application → complete a form → click “Submit”
Q How do I apply for property scrapping?
- Log in to the General Affairs System → Property Management System → Property Scrapping Application → click “Add New Application” → print out the application form after you complete it
- Log in to the e-Documents System and put forward a petition for the consent from the University. After you obtain the consent from the University, please deliver the consent to the Property Management Section and submit the Property Impairment Form given by the Property Management Section to the heads of different levels for approval. Once the final approval has been obtained, you may send the scrapped property to the Property Management Section and keep the third copy of the Property Impairment Form.
What columns should I complete when I inspect and accept the item I purchased via application?
Please check the information on the delivery note and complete the columns of “Quantity,” “Signature,” and “Date of Acceptance.”
Students are not allowed to inspect or accept purchased items.
E.Application for Supplies
Q How do I apply for stationery?
- Log in to the General Affairs System (http://ga.isu.edu.tw) → Property Management System → Supplies Application →Add New Application → select “General Consumables” under Type → choose either of the campuses (Main Campus/Medical Campus)
- The user manual for faculty and staff members may be downloaded on the General Affairs System.
Q How do new employees apply for stationery?
- New employees (including faculty members and staffers) should complete the Application Form for Stationery on the first day of employment, submit the form to the head of the unit for signature, and collect office supplies at the Property Management Section with the form.
Q I have collected office supplies for new employees but some items are not enough for me. May I apply for additional ones?
- The quantity of office supplies for new employees is the same. No additional supplies are allowed.
Q What should I do if the stationery I want is not listed on the Application Form for Stationery?
- Please apply for purchasing while taking into consideration the budget of your unit.
Q What kinds of blank forms are available for administrative purposes?
- The following forms are available at the Property Management Section. Faculty members may collect these forms at their department offices. (These forms are provided as volumes.)
- Supplies Application Form
- Property Checkout Form
- Application Form for Expense Reimbursement
- Application Form for Cash Advance